Wednesday, November 11, 2009

REFLECTION

With an unknown thirst I am in pursuit
Of my own spiritual resemblance;
Nowhere can I spot you; though
I feel your brief omnipresence.


Day in and day out,
I keep searching in the crowd
My own self- my transition
Incarnated in someone else-
My own identical reflection.


So many mirrors on the wall
Dazzle my eyes of perception;
Only to end up being distorted,
Glittering forms of illusion.


Years come and years go,
And yet my pursuit to and fro
For you is on; being a stranded man,
I keep doing anything I can
To make myself believe you are
Indeed alive without a scar
Of immoral deeds and compromise
Somewhere here- in disguise
Of a common soul, you do exist,
Perhaps! If you can assist
This desperate resolute man one day,
This spiritless soul will be able to say
“I too have a reflection,
Honest and pure, no distortion
Can ever touch our kindled souls,
Unlike those with impure goals,
We exist with pride, dignity
And unambiguous integrity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment